The Truckstops Apprentice Programme is your opportunity to work with some of the most modern and technologically-advanced trucks on the road today.
With a firm commitment to the industry and the brands we represent, we recruit new apprentices annually through our nationwide recruitment drive.
We look for people who are passionate about trucks and the automotive industry and, with more than 50 apprentices currently in training, we are one of the largest employers of automotive apprentices in New Zealand.
Over the course of your apprenticeship, you will work towards achieving a national qualification with MITO. Tailored individual learning plans will help you achieve the best learning outcomes.
We provide apprenticeships for:
- Heavy Vehicle Diesel Technician
- Automotive Parts and Accessories Merchandising
If you are interested in becoming a Truckstops apprentice, you must:
- Have a genuine interest in the Road Transport Industry
- Possess a can-do attitude and a willingness to learn
- Be prepared to commit to rigorous self-study to complete your MITO qualification
- Have access to reliable transport to and from the branch you will be working at
- Hold at least a restricted car licence
Ideally you will have pre-trade experience in heavy vehicles, but this is not a mandatory requirement.